Well there goes my six week summer! Turns out I was so busy seeing everyone and doing everything I never got around to blogging!
Throughout my life I have sort of marked time in summers. That was the summer I did this. The summer I traveled there. The summer I turned ___ years old. This summer was no different and definitely lived up to my expectations. This summer I:
- Threw a very successful surprise 50th birthday party for my mom.
- Attended a Twins game wherein they lost 0-15 to the Dodgers. Disaster.
- Went on my very first Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) trip in northern Minnesota with my mom, assorted family and my friend Allison
- Celebrated 4th of July with family and then watched fireworks in Minneapolis
- Attended my very first Oake on the Water happy hour on Lake Minnetonka with performances by Lissie & OAR
- Watched the Jayhawks live at Basilica Block Party
- Met up with my brother Joe and friend Katie for Summerfest in Milwaukee to see a variety of live music, including Amos Lee, Pat McCurdy, Sara Barellies and Sugarland.
- Toured Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee with Joe.
- Attended my first Twins game in inclement weather, and loved it all the same.
Here's what it all looked like...
Mom's 50th birthday dinner pre-surprise party @ Salut on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, MN
Surprised & blowing out the candles on her Cafe Latte cheesecake
Out in Uptown, Minneapolis with the brother & his high school crew
Target Field with corn dog in hand!
Allison and I all set for our Boundary Waters canoe adventure
Tent in the Boundary Waters
My mom and I
Minnesota is such a gorgeous place!
Sunset is my absolute favorite time of day during a Minnesota summer
Rollerblading & drinking date with the parents on Lake Calhoun at the Tin Fish
THIS is what being a teacher looks like in the summer.
OAR live at Cities 97 Oake on the Water! I have been wanting to get to this event forever and I finally made it this summer! Brian Oake said it was the most well attended Oake on the Water ever!
Jayhawks live at Basilica Block Party with the Minneapolis skyline in the background
Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI
With the brother at Lakefront Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
Summer Shandy & Sugarland grass seats at Summerfest with Katie
With Katie & Evan for a sunset cruise on Lake Michigan
Milwaukee from the lake at sunset - such a cool city!
Visiting my friend Lisa in Cedarburg, WI
How's your summer looking so far??