Start here to catch up on how I got here...
YEAR ONE : August 2009 - June 2010
- Dreams - in my first post I wrote about following your dreams...mine was to teach abroad
- Getting Started in Colombia - first impressions of Colombia
- First Day of School - my first day of school as teacher with my own classroom!
- At the end of the day... - starting to fall in love with the city of Cali
- Feeling Contemplative - two months in and wondering where this journey will (did) lead me...
- New Adventures & New Goals - starting my life list!
- Today I had a thought. What if...what if I had never met you? - an introduction to the most featured person in my blog, my roommate, travel partner, confidant & one of my very best friends, Kelsi
- The Colombian Gym Experience - a snapshot of daily life in Cali
- We're Regulars - assimilating into Colombia with frequent visits to Juan Valdez
- Ciao for Now, Colombia! - thoughts on going back to Minnesota for the summer & a video summary of year one
- Looking Back - thoughts one year into living abroad
YEAR TWO: August 2010 - June 2011
- A Saturday Morning in San Fernando - A typical morning in my neighborhood
- "Life might mean taking chances, but they're worth taking" - A look back at contemplating the idea of extending my contract in Colombia for a third year (spoiler alert: I did)
- Teachable Moments - the time I missed almost an entire class period on accident one month into a new school year. oops!
- Romanticizing the Good - a look back at the experiences that led me to teach abroad
- Finding Good Coffee in Colombia - Definitely not as easy as you might think...but head to the coffee region and you will be well on the way!
- Go to the other plane - A list of the things that drive me insane when other travelers do them
- International Travel Tips
- So you're coming to Colombia? (Colombia Travel Tips)
- Bring it on 2011 - News Years thoughts and resolutions (goals?)
- 20 Minutes in Their Shoes - A snapshot into the daily lives of my students
- I can't be sure that this state of mind is not of my own design. - What does independence mean for me?
- About Me - I attempted to re-create my about page and realized the whole endeavor was more complicated than I initially realized...
- End of the School Year - Saying goodbye to students and colleagues before heading back to Minnesota for the summer
- Year Three Begins... - Looking ahead to what will be different this year!