That being said here are the things on my self-created "Paz y Salvo" before leaving Colombia in just nine (NINE!!!!) short days:
- Attend another fabulous Despedida (goodbye) Party at Rita & Sam's apartment this weekend! Dance the night away and hang out with all my friends :)
- Pack epic amounts of things in what I am hoping will end up being just 4 (FOUR!) checked bags. Remember when I moved my whole life home in four bags? It's happening. Never mind that Anna and I once filled up my Dad's entire Ford Explorer after just three weeks home from college during Christmas vacation...
- GIVE AWAY even more epic amounts of things because I might be frugal about Tupperware and want to keep the IKEA bowls I bought before moving to college in August 2005, but I am more frugal about not paying obscene overweight baggage fees with American Airlines.
- Spend a few hours reading in my hammock and appreciating our balcony.
- Drink fresh fruit juice at all possible opportunities.
- Sit around at Juan Valdez in Unicentro with Kelsi and talk about nothing and everything all at the same time.
- Organize and attend a goodbye dinner the night before Kelsi leaves for California (and two nights before Stetson and I leave for Minnesota) at our favorite Cali restaurant, Platillos Voladores.
- Finish watching the rest of this season of TV so that Kelsi and I are all caught up for next season...when I will be needing new TV buddies and/or having weekly Skype dates with her during our favorite shows.
- Say goodbye to all my current students at 8th Grade Graduation on Friday and all my past students throughout the day on Thursday and Friday. Most likely cry during no less than 15 of these goodbyes.
- Drink one more coffee malteada at Macondo Coffee Shop in San Antonio.
- Go on one last weekend movie date with Kelsi, Stetson and friends.
...what else am I missing?!?!?
Cheers to the next 9 days of enjoying all the wonderful things I love about Cali, Colombia!