In the mood to blog but I cannot quite decide what I have to say...entonces here are some things currently in my head. :)
More constructive comments coming soon, I hope!
- Started back to school today (teachers only) - it felt like I had just been there yesterday. Needless to say this was somewhat unsettling, but Kelsi made a good point in saying that it must mean we had awesome summers if we are so sad to see them end. I definitely did!
- On the upside of going back to school I saw all my coworkers again and it reminded me of how much I love working with a bunch of other people who love learning and traveling and just experiencing new things.
- Speaking of new...there are six new teachers this year and I am psyched to get to know all of them better! They are definitely in the same place I was in the beginning, sort of wide-eyed and taking it all in moment by moment, but I think over time we will get to know them more and I can't wait!
- My classroom is even more Minnesota Twins themed than last year - and Kelsi stole me some red butcher paper from the primary section today so I can compliment my blue bulletin board and stick with the Twins theme. She is such a good roommate.
- On our living situation - we don't have a working oven. The stove works, but the oven needs to be gas operated and we don't have a gas hookup so we would need a propane tank and well...that just seems complicated to figure out in Colombia. But we made these amazing baked oatmeal bars at the end of last year and I am totally craving them so I think its a problem that must be solved.
- Have you read this yet? SO SO SO good. I love John Mayer.
- This season of Entourage is blowing my mind. Seriously. It started out totally shaky and I got anxious about maybe it wasn't going to be as good, but oh no, it's fabulous.
- I am nervous about starting another year of school, and when I am nervous I don't sleep and have weird dreams and procrastinate going to bed and and and make things on Picnik.com :)
Photo of the mother and brother on our family vacation to Cuchara, Colorado this summer.