Well here I am in Colombia and I still have pretty healthy eating habits.
- I actually do eat an apple a day, whether or not it keeps the doctor away.
- I do not drink coffee every morning, but tea instead. While I do enjoy coffee a lot (reference blog title), I don't need it every day.
- I love fresh fruit, like a lot of it, and Colombia is land of constantly available fresh fruit.
- I don't eat very much red meat...maybe one a week, if that.
- Whether it's a healthy living choice, or more because they gross me out, I do not use condiments. Most people find this extremely weird, but I can't help it...salad dressing, ketchup, mustard, mayo, ranch, etc....they all creep me out.
- I only eat whole grain bread, and other whole grains when possible.
- I rarely have soda.
Therefore, I am going to attempt what six months ago I would have deemed absolutely impossible. For forty days, I am going to give up eating all rice and all pasta. Yeah, yeah, I know the whole grain stuff is good for you and all, but I figure if I am going to do this I better go all the way. Basically this will be a huge experiment in self-discipline to see if I can hack it, but also a challenge to slow down. Make better meals. Healthier meals. And take my time with them, because I really do love cooking. I figure I already have the pasta and rice cooking down* so i am going to take these 40 days to come up with new things to cook and try and love just as much as I love pasta. :) Here's to hoping I succeed! Cheers.
*At least on the stove, don't even come near me with a rice cooker, they confuse me, just ask my roommates.