February 28, 2010

Listening on Repeat

After spending three days with students and a grand total of about 13 hours on a bus, I cannot get one song out of my head. Have you heard the theme song for this year's FIFA World Cup in South Africa? The song is so catchy and of course my students love it, because they love all things soccer related!! :) They are so excited for the World Cup this summer that the excitement is transferring to me and I plan to watch several of the games.
Anyway, we listened to it several times on the bus ride, and I am in the process of listening to it online as I type this. :)
Check it out:

Here are some of my favorite lyrics from the song:

Give me freedom, give me fire, give me reason, take me higher
See the champions, take the field now, you define us, make us feel proud
In the streets are, exaliftin , as we lose our inhabition,
Celebration its around us, every nation, all around us
Singin forever young, singin songs underneath that sun
Lets rejoice in the beautiful game.
And together at the end of the day.
WE ALL SAY
When I get older I will be stronger
They'll call me freedom Just like a wavin' flag
And then it goes back
And then it goes back
And then it goes back

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Kristen,

I've been lurking on your site for months and want to say that I enjoy your readings. I used to be engaged in a Colombian man and spent lots of time in Bogota, San Andres, and Villa de Leyva. Anyway, check out more of K'Naan's songs. He has a great background and all of CDs are excellent. Also, he lives in my new hometown (Toronto). I'm also an expat, but being that I'm only 1000k from home, I didn't go through probably as much culture shock as you (though surprisingly there are a lot of differences between Canadians and Americans). Cheers!

Ilse said...

I love you. I'm sorry about Skype last night- I was working at a career fair when I got your message.
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails