September 19, 2010

Love & Friendship: Dia de Amor y Amistad

Saturday, September 18 is El Dia de Amor y Amistad, or the Day of Love and Friendship here in Colombia. Basically the equivalent of Valentine's Day, this is a day to celebrate the love and friendship you have with friends or significant others.

We celebrated by going out to dinner and dancing for my friend Hana's birthday, which happens to fall on the same day! We started the night at Carambolo, an Italian and Latin restaurant in the Granada neighborhood of Cali. I had a fabulous chicken stuffed with asparagus in a mustard vodka sauce and of course we shared a pitcher of sangria. Despite taking a really long time to get our food, the place was a great choice for a birthday celebration.
The whole crew at dinner!
Sangria = delicious :)
After that we headed out to Kukaramakara (tongue twister, I know) for some dancing. While the place ended up being more live music and crowded tables than dancing, it was still a fabulous day with friends.
Kelsi, Catie and I
The Birthday Girl (Hana) and me!
To all of my fabulous friends wherever you may be - Feliz Dia de Amor y Amistad!!!

1 comment:

george said...

Hi,

This is a wonderful blog! It was a very good read.

I was wondering if you would be interested in guest blogging on my blog. It is a collection of my travels and the travels of my guests. If you scan the site you can see that now almost 100% of the posts are from guests. Lately I’ve been finding many people interested in guest posting.

Included in your post will be a link to your website using whatever anchor text or key words you wish and a description of your site (if you choose to include one.)

The blog (OnetravelBloggers.com) contains hundreds of great stories from travelers who love to share their journey with the world…

So if you are interested in being a guest, please let me know.

Send me an Email:
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Related Posts with Thumbnails