November 25, 2010

Happy Slapsgiving!*

***Scheduled Post***

One of the things I love about a blog is being able to quickly look back and reference past moments through the beauty of the internet. In looking back at last year's Thanksgiving, I had a lot to be thankful for - everything from friends and family to Joe Mauer's MVP status with the Minnesota Twins.

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful - a time to remind one another that amidst the craziness of our day-to-day lives we really are doing okay. Everything is going to work out - we are going to figure out what it all means and in the mean time, we are enjoying each others company.

This year I am thankful for my endlessly supportive parents.

I am thankful that no matter how fast my brothers' lives are changing, we will always have a place that we can go back to and remember what it was like to grow up together.

I am thankful for the opportunities to travel that I have experienced in the last year. From Ecuador to Colombia and Los Angeles to Cuchara, Colorado, the last year has meant new places with new experiences.

I am thankful for the freedom to make my own choices about what happens next in my life.

I am thankful for friends-like-family here in Colombia who make it a little less sad to be away from home over so many birthdays, get-togethers, and holidays.

I am thankful for the people who knew me when I was young - the people who know that the woman I am today is a (hopefully improved) version of the girl I used to be.

I am thankful for music and the role it plays in my life. The older I get the more I appreciate the lyrical geniuses out there with the ability to write songs that so many people can identify with. I am thankful that sometimes those lyrics express my current thoughts better than I ever could.

I am thankful for hope. For the blessed idea that we can wake up everyday and hope against all odds that anything can happen, anything can be.
I am thankful for this crazy, beautiful, unpredictable life we live.

All my love,

*Title inspired by one of the best shows on TV right now, How I Met Your Mother. Check out the Slapsgiving clip from last year here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails