April 12, 2010

outdoor baseball is giving me carpal tunnel

TWINS WIN! The 2010 Home Opener at Target Field, our brand new, more fabulous than fabulous outdoor baseball stadium! In case you haven't figured it out by now I am more than a bit obsessed with Minnesota sports, more specifically the Minnesota Twins, and most specifically your 2010 AL MVP - Joe Mauer.
So great for them to win the home opener - however, I personally struggled with the situation thanks to some fool at Direct TV. According to the Direct TV guide, the game was supposed to be broadcast MLB Extra Innings, which would have meant English speaking announcers from Minnesota. In other words, announcers who were just as excited as I was about this momentous event!
However, after rushing home from school, not only was the game NOT on MLB Extra Innings, but ESPN2 in Spanish had the game BLACKED OUT. There was a huge black square over the screen where my beloved Twins were kicking some Red Sox butt! DISASTER. I freaked out and have had trouble recovering ever since. Well, not to worry, my roomie Hana figured out that the big black square went away whenever the volume button was pressed on the TV. (Yes, I realize this sounds ridiculous, but this is seriously what happened!!)
Basically, what it comes down to is I sat in my living room and watched three innings of baseball while clicking the volume button consistently every 3 seconds or so.
The Twins won and I have carpal tunnel - so I guess you can't win them all. But the Twins just might, so keep watching! :)

1 comment:

sts said...

i can't believe you didn't take a picture of the black box on the screen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails