April 4, 2010

Pasta - Por Fin!

Moral of the story: For a woman who used to eat rice or pasta on an almost daily basis, especially in college, life without is not that different if you provide yourself (or are provided with) other choices. In the past forty days I ate more meat than I used to, not in large amounts, but just a little bit to add substance to my meals. I also used fruit and vegetables more in my meals and used eggs as a base for some meals. I already eat a ton of fresh produce, especially living in Colombia where fresh food is so cheap and easy to find, but Lent really caused me to increase my intake of fruits and veggies. I also discovered that rice and/or pasta do not need to be the basis of meals, as I used them in the past, but can rather be side dishes to complement other things like veggies or protein.
In summary: Lenten experiment = success.
Looks like I can cross #29 Give up pasta for one month off my life list! :)

What did you give up for Lent? Were you successful???

Happy Easter to all!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails