September 22, 2009

The World Really is Getting Smaller...

I talked to my parents for awhile last night, and amongst all other details from home (mostly related to my freshman brother being part of his high school homecoming court), she shared with me this article from the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Time for Dinner: Corn-stuffed cornmeal arepas wholely satisfying - TwinCities.com

When I arrived in Colombia I had never even heard of arepas and now they are a staple in my apartment! Maggie & I buy them pre-made from La Catorce...but after reading this recipe I am considering making them. Do you think I can handle it?? Not sure...

However, how ironic that I move to Colombia and all of the sudden the newspaper in St. Paul, Minnesota is covering local South American food. Love it. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails