September 30, 2009

Six Word Memoirs-Tell Your Story!

Just read this on my friend Nicole's blog, and I had to share! Nicole and I have been friends since high school and she is currently spending a year abroad in Australia. I probably wouldn't even have a blog if not for her inspiration...or I would have a much less interesting blog at the very least.

Anyway, today she posted about a project called the Six-Word Memoir. Supposedly inspired by Hemingway when he was challenged to write a story in only six words. He responded with: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." Interesting concept, huh?

I thought so! There is an entire website devoted to the idea where people go to share their own six-word memoirs, and it is actually really interesting to read. Some are serious, some funny, and others really make you think! So check it out if you have a spare moment in between other life events....(for me that means during my prep hour!)

Here are some I thought of that apply to me:
1. "Refusing to settle for anything less."
2. "Molding mathematical minds day by day."
3. "Dreamer. But not the only one." (John Lennon's "Imagine" came on my ipod just as I was typing this...weird!)
4. "Struggling to live in the moment."
5. "Terribly sarcastic. Almost to a fault."

Here are some of my favorites from the website:
1. Lucky in everything else but love.
2. I promise never to grow up.
3. Followed rules. I bend them now.
4. Tea. Serenity in dried leaf form. :)
5. Fate worse than hell; working retail.
6. Life is not fair. Get acclimated. (I'm considering this as my new catch phrase with my 8th graders...)

Enjoy and happy Wednesday...only two more days until Semana Receso = no class for a week!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the shout out lady! Hope you are doing well, I'm sure everything will work out just fine there! (re:email)

If I had to add one to the list for me....

Constantly trying to be forever young!

miss you!!
xx
N

Am said...

Followed the rules; bending them now...what if I am breaking them? Great post!

Jenny & Justin said...

This is so great! I love your #5 :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails